This week on the Insert Credit Podcast, I come one step closer to realizing my destiny as the Drew Carey of Video Games. Join us on our bold attempt to add story to our podcast’s gameplay as we tackle the following topics:
1) Deleting one video game from your memory
2) A Club Nintendo Makeover
3) Ralph Nader vs. Video Games
4) The deal with Team Fortress 2 and hats
5) Improv Zone: Two doting parents (Rogers, Cifaldi) support their nationally ranked teenage Call of Duty player (Sheffield).
6) Pinball Wizardry
7) First Person Non-Shooters
8) Game wiki management
9) Pulling game villains from the public domain
10) Manipulating the touch-screen interface without your fingers
Sound production and music curation provided by Andrew Toups. Write into firstname.lastname@example.org with your own questions for the show, nominations for the BGOAT (best game of all time) or the BGGOAT (best Genesis game of all time), and who you think deserves this week’s lightning round win. See you at 31!
-alex jaffe will have a serious discussion on this show about lsd dream emulator one of these days, he swears
1) BioWare’s Gay Planet
2) Super Mario World as a Modding Community Playground
3) Electronic Arts president John Riccitiello vs. United States vice president Joe Biden
4) Modern pop artists in game music composition
5) Game-Inspired Hairstyles for your Girl/Boyfriend
6) Title schema for future Pokémon games
7) A report card for Platinum Games
8) The best power-up in a video game (and what constitutes a power-up)
9) Why Capcom hates Mega Man 10) How to inflate your game’s metascore
Plus, a lightning round with results to be judged by you the listener! E-mail who you think did the best job to email@example.com.
Thanks again to Andrew Toups, who did all the sound editing again. Music for this episode includes Sleater Kinney’s “Oh!” and Pizzicato Five’s “Trailer Music” and “It’s a Beautiful Day”.
Lots of you have been requesting the Best Games of All Time list from a couple weeks ago, so I’ll post it here for your consultation. Don’t like these results? You can influence the 2014 Edition by e-mailing your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Get to it!
-alex jaffe is particularly fond of Zexion’s hair in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) Chrono Trigger (SNES) Tetris (Various) OutRun 2 (Arcade) Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Arcade) EarthBound (SNES) Mother 3 (GBA) God Hand (PS2) The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (GB) The Secret of Monkey Island (DOS) Half-Life 2 (PC) Another World (Amiga) Sid Meier’s Civilization (PC) Bonk’s Revenge (TurboGrafx-16) Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) Minecraft (PC) Cave Story (PC) Super Metroid (SNES) Final Fantasy Tactics (PS) PONG (PONG)
Kid, I hear you got beaten up at school the other day. Got hit real bad, didn’t ya? Who were you fighting with? I bet he used Ken, didn’t he. There, there, son–calm down. It’s okay. That’s what I’m here for.
I would have published it here, though I love attention (evidence: 5,500 Twitter followers, posting something on the internet right now, etc), and also Kotaku gives me enough money to buy a new pair of shoes with every article I write.
I was going to make it a top ten list, and then I decided I’d had almost enough of people complaining about the length of my articles, so I restricted myself to eight. Kotaku is a Real Journalism Website, so I was working with a deadline: I didn’t have time to put any sort of squeeze on the text to make it ten snappy entries instead of eight roomy ones. Oh, well!