A rare confluence of Jewish high holidays and immovable project deadlines results in a Patreon content unlock for the week! We celebrate the return of Frank with a few excellent stories about what he's up to lately, Mathew Kumar has an incredible impromptu interview with Chris Remo about the design considerations of crosswords, and Ash Parrish talks about the shift from Kotaku to The Verge. Find over a year's worth of excellent bonus content just like this at the Insert Credit Patreon!
A SMALL DESCRIPTION OF EPISODES PULLED FROM:
- (Ep. 196, the weed episode) Pre-show. The panel describes what they're doing to alter their perceptions of reality. Frank is so successful he's gotta start turning people away.
- (Ep. 196, the weed episode) Extended break. Brandon shares the details of his dad's weed, and an excellent spoonerism. Frank thinks Special Guest Patrick sounds gorgeous, and high. Jaffe is rotating a letter in his mind right now and explains the details of Doctor Who.
- (Ep. 197) Pre-show. Jaffe has been waiting for someone to take the easy joke, and Brandon does. Special guest Mathew Kumar writes down a new title in his Fantasy Book Idea Journal. Finally, you'll understand Jaffe's intro line for this episode!
- (Ep. 197) Post-show. Extended in-depth crossword puzzle discussion with Special Guests Mathew Kumar and Chris Remo. Genuinely fascinating stuff. big thank you to mathew for hosting this impromptu interview!
- (Ep. 198) Post-show. Special Guest Ash Parrish goes into some detail regarding her move from Kotaku to the Verge, and the current state of game journalism is discussed. Also, accents. (Note: from 36:35 to 38:53, there's some compelling but also terrifying climate climate discussion. feel free to skip to 38:53 if you need a break from that)
- (Ep. 199) Extended intro. Frank, Brandon and Jaffe talk comic books.
- (Ep. 199) Special Guest Chris Kohler is playing Star Ocean. Frank likes that Final Fantasy I remake.
- (Ep. 199) Post-show. Brandon recommends F1: Drive to Survive. Frank and Special Guest Chris Kohler discuss moving from one office to another. Frank has an incredible story of busting bootlegs. All names censored.
Edited by Esper Quinn. Original Music by Kurt Feldman.