The Four Guys get together to livestream some real talk about fighting game spinoffs, rail shooters, and the Mayan apocalypse.
Questions this week:
- Brandon’s homework assignment. Which RPG puzzles have you particularly actually enjoyed? (01:20)
- Why don't fighting game spin-offs work out? (06:00)
- What are the best ways to implement your phone's GPS into a mobile game? (12:23)
- Is there any good reason to keep making rail shooters? (17:40)
- How would you redraft ESRB policy? (24:02)
- In the context of video games, when is it okay to use the word "epic"? (30:17)
- What non-video game jobs would prepare you most to work in video games? (36:55)
- How will the impending Mayan apocalypse affect the video game industry? (44:54)
- Has there ever been a minigame better than the game it was in? (51:17)
- Redesign Minesweeper as a Tetsuya Nomura RPG. (57:52)
LIGHTNING ROUND: Sacred Cow Barbecue (01:04:10)
Edited by Andrew Toups.