This week the Insert Credit gang is joined by Dyad creator Shawn McGrath to discuss weapon design, NPC dialogue, and the rigidity of Johnny Wadd.
Questions this week:
- What is the most fun weapon in a video game? (02:18)
- In an MMO addiction clinic, what would be used as methadone? (08:36)
- NORBERT LEVEJSIK: Who is the Johnny Wadd of video games? (10:52)
- Pitch DYAD as a Saturday morning cartoon. (16:58)
- What studio would you cede control of Kingdom Hearts to: Atlus, Level 5, or Cavia? (21:40)
- Can we actually see a good Superman game in our lifetime? (29:42)
- If you were Doctor Robotnik, how would you finally beat Sonic the Hedgehog? (35:54)
- Rank these from best to worst: Spec Ops The Line, Marble Madness 2, Shank (42:08)
- What's the best way to make a living in the video game industry? (48:14)
- What bands and artists would you recommend to people who primarily listen to video game music? (53:10)
LIGHTNING ROUND: You have 5 minutes to write as much dialogue as possible for NPCs in a 90s Japanese RPG. (59:50)
Edited by Andrew Toups.